Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to create Comparision Charts by time?

We have daily sales total for last several quarters including the current quarter that is in progress.

How can I plot overlay line charts by choosing two Quarters.

e.g. last Quarter (Q1) has 90 days. So one line with 90 data points.

and current quarter (Q2) has so far 30 days work of sales avalable....so a partial line with 30 data points. This will be overlayed on Q1 line chart.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

1) In your browser, navigate to KFredberg/Compare-Period-Chart · GitHub

This link will redirect you to the "Compare Period Chart" extension's repository.

2) You will have to download the extension as a ZIP file, so you will need to click on the "Download ZIP" button (the picture below indicates that button).

Git.PNG

3) After you've finished installing the ZIP file, you will have to extract it: right click on the file and click on "extract here"(or something similar).

4) To proceed, you will need to watch this video, it will teach you how to install extensions: Qlik Sense - Introduction to Extensions (video)

Clear enough?

View solution in original post

16 Replies
jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Can you attach sample data and let us know your expected output with some screenshot.

Regards,

Jagan.

mikkeltaylor
Creator II
Creator II

‌Hi,

I don't think you can with the out of the box charts.  I tried this yesterday , as I was looking to plot goals scored by football team over time.  I managed to find a chart within the D3 extension charts that did the trick, although the lines are curbed, so not straight.

for your example you will probably need your time dimension to be a day number of the quarter I.e 1-90 to be able to then overlay the quarter field.

if anyone finds a better solution I'd also be interested!

mike

petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Is it something like this you had in mind?

I have attached the Qlik Sense application that demonstrates this.

2015-07-11 #2.PNG

2015-07-11 #1.PNG

Not applicable
Author

how do i upload a file?

Not applicable
Author

Seems like what I want. How do I download the app?

petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

You just click on the link that is named "Time overlap.qvf" and you will download it with your browser.

You will have to store it in your Qlik Sense Apps folder which should be located under

"My Documents\Qlik\Sense\Apps". Then you can launch it from Qlik Sense Desktop hub.

Not applicable
Author

Got it. Very useful information.

In visualization, do you think there might be a way we can toggle between "days", "periods", "quarters"?

Some target audience are supposed to manage numbers on a daily bookings basis. So would be nice if end users are able to just click these options to render the visualizations by day, period or quarter.

Thanks so much for your help. Loving this tool already.

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I've yet to create a Sense example of the same, but this QlikView app may give you some pointers on prior period comparisons:

QlikView App: Set Analysis - Prior Period Comparison

The variables will need to be created in the load script, as there is no way to create them through the Sense Desktop environment.  The expressions you will need to copy out of QlikView.

Steve

Not applicable
Author

I think that this extension might help you: Compare Period Chart