cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to create a app containing a selection field to select other apps

Hi everyone,

How do i create a App containing a selection field/ dropdown  containing other app names.

Regards

Arun Chandra Kathula

8 Replies
shraddha_g
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

do you want to link other apps in one app?

you can use Qlik Branch

MK9885
Master II
Master II

As Shraddha gave you the extension, you may need to use it as Navigation Action>Open Website in settings.

It would take users to other app in hub, if they have access to.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I need a dropdown showing all my apps in one app. Say i have A, B, C and D apps. The D app should contain a dropdown containing all remaining apps A, B and C and also populate master measures and master dimensions from other apps.

Thanks

OmarBenSalem

Why an extension?

He can use the classic simple table that qlik sense offers.

Create an inline table:

load * inline [

Application, Application URL

app1, https://url of the app

];

then create a simple table; as dimension: Application URL, its label: Application and representation : URL:

Capture.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I am using the sense-search extension. The problem in the extension is the app id is hard coded, i am it will be available for only app at a time. So, what i wanted to do is load a file containing all app id's and app name.

The User will select an app name say Cloud(app id - 123), Phone(app id - 124) and Laptop(app id -125). Then the app id should automatically change in my extension.

I tried providing DOM XPATH to the app name, but had no luck. If something is not clear kindly let me know.

Below is the code that i want to modify to make my app dynamic.

Thanks everyone.

var config = {

host: --

prefix: "-,

isSecure: true,

//app: $app,

//document.getElementsByClassName(div class ="ellips-text"),

app:x "3da25264-8a45-491f-b354-87a8a5e1338a",

port: 443

};

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Omar, thanks for the thought. This can be one solution to the problem i am facing. Thanks, i will work on the idea posted by you.

Regards

Arun

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Yes Shraddha. I explained the full scenario below.

I am using the sense-search extension. The problem in the extension is the app id is hard coded, i am it will be available for only app at a time. So, what i wanted to do is load a file containing all app id's and app name.

The User will select an app name say Cloud(app id - 123), Phone(app id - 124) and Laptop(app id -125). Then the app id should automatically change in my extension.

I tried providing DOM XPATH to the app name, but had no luck. If something is not clear kindly let me know.

Below is the code that i want to modify to make my app dynamic.

Thanks everyone.

var config = {

host: --

prefix: "-,

isSecure: true,

//app: $app,

//document.getElementsByClassName(div class ="ellips-text"),

app:x "3da25264-8a45-491f-b354-87a8a5e1338a",

port: 443

};

MK9885
Master II
Master II

Check for below extension, mainly the SCRIPT behind this app

http://branch.qlik.com/?&_ga=2.213965584.661076975.1512395043-2070926411.1506006316#!/project/56def4...

Not an easy task to create your own governance app which stores all other apps.

But maybe you are looking for this?

C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\Documents\Qlik\Sense\Extensions\QlikSenseGovernance-master\Project\Current Release - v2\2 - Qlik Sense Developments

Above folder location will take you to example apps to view script after you install the extension.

Or look into Document Chaining

Emulating document chaining in Qlik Sense