Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ananyaghosh
Creator III
Creator III

How to create a email trigger task and nested task in QMC?

How to create a email trigger with that task? that means I want to create a mail trigger on failure or success of jobs. How can I do that?

Also I want to create a nested jobs, which means a job will start after first job has finished. Please give screenshots for better reference and understanding.

Thanks,

Sandip

4 Replies
rittermd
Master
Master

I can answer the 2nd part of your question.  You can add a task event trigger to your task.  This then will not start this task until the other task in the trigger is either successful or failed. 

I don't believe that there is a notification ability in Qlik Sense at this time.

I do think that I saw something at Qlik Branch that someone developed to do this.  But I never tried it.

kevincase
Creator II
Creator II

Sandip,

You can always set up and use  SMTPAppender.  I was able to configure it and it works.  I have it configured to sent emails on failures only.  I'm sure you could configure it for any event.

You can fin the documentation in Qlik help.

Also, here is a link to a post that describes how to set it up.

Re: Alerts in Qlik Sense

Hope this helps.

Kevin

kevincase
Creator II
Creator II

Sorry, bad link.

Re: Alerts in Qlik Sense

Michael_Leigh
Employee
Employee

You can also use the Notification Connector, which is one of the free Connectors supplied with the Qlik Web Connectors