cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to create a new connection in Qlik Sense Server

Hi All,

A simple question, I have realised that when I create a new connection in Qlik Sense server the name of the connection will be always:

Connectionname (qliksense/user)

Someone knows how to avoid this name convention? I am trying to use QVC component script and the brackets give me a problem in the extension part of the script.

so I basically need to set up a new connection (without the brackets at the end) with just Connectionname

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Giulio

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rittermd
Master
Master

That is the default name.  You can go into the QMC and change the name there.  Then when you go back into your app you will see the new name in the list of connections if you refresh.

I always change the name to a generic name without the user name.  That way my connector names are the same in DEV and PROD systems even if they actually point to different data sources and I don't have to make changes to the app when I publish them.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
rittermd
Master
Master

That is the default name.  You can go into the QMC and change the name there.  Then when you go back into your app you will see the new name in the list of connections if you refresh.

I always change the name to a generic name without the user name.  That way my connector names are the same in DEV and PROD systems even if they actually point to different data sources and I don't have to make changes to the app when I publish them.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Mark,

this is definitely the way, you can edit the name of the connection from the QMC, I thought that was possible only by clicking the edit button in any application.

Thanks again!