Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dzaccaron
Contributor
Contributor

How to create a totals bars in Qlik Sense with Set Analysis?

I have a Bar chart with one dimension (Month) and three measures.

I would like to have the total for each measure at the end of the chart.

How can I achive it with set Analysis?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
juraj_misina
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi Diogo,

you can't do this by set analysis. The idea of set analysis is to modify data set which is taken into account for chart calculation. This means that the set analysis is evaluated before chart is calculated. During chart calculation the data is sliced by dimension values. As a result, you cannot add a new dimension value or "show data for previous month on a line for this month" using set analysis. You need different approach.

In your case I would try to create an as-of calendar table in script linking each month to itself plus a "Total" month, which will result in a new dimension containing 12 months plus a "Total" month. This dimension than can be used in your bar chart. You can read more about as-of calendar tables here: The As-Of Table

Best

Juraj

View solution in original post

3 Replies
MK9885
Master II
Master II

At the end of the chart?

You can show totals on top of each bar (measure)

Whatever your expression is....in presentation tab for settings, enable Value Labels as auto.

Untitled.png

juraj_misina
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi Diogo,

you can't do this by set analysis. The idea of set analysis is to modify data set which is taken into account for chart calculation. This means that the set analysis is evaluated before chart is calculated. During chart calculation the data is sliced by dimension values. As a result, you cannot add a new dimension value or "show data for previous month on a line for this month" using set analysis. You need different approach.

In your case I would try to create an as-of calendar table in script linking each month to itself plus a "Total" month, which will result in a new dimension containing 12 months plus a "Total" month. This dimension than can be used in your bar chart. You can read more about as-of calendar tables here: The As-Of Table

Best

Juraj

dzaccaron
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi Juraj,

Thank you for the reply,

This is exactly what I needed.

Best Regards