Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Community Office Hours, March 20th. Former Talend Community users, ask your questions live. SIGN UP
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vigneshvenugopa
Contributor II
Contributor II

How to create config file in Qlik Sense to store global variables

Hi,

I want to create config file in Qlik Sense to store global variables, so that the it can be accessed while creating each and every dashboard/report. For example I wanted to create a variable which stores a physical folder location. And the same variable can be used in each QVS to access a particular file in the location.

Thanks for your help !!

-Vignesh

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rittermd
Master
Master

Not sure if this is what you mean.

We have created a .qvs file and stored on our server.  This file contains all of the LET and SET statements to create the variables that we use across most apps.  Things like Current Year, 30 days, 90 days ago date. 

We then just use an include statement in our script and they all get loaded in the app.  The downside is that they get loaded even if you don't use them. 

SET QvcLib='lib://Includes';

$(Include=$(QvcLib)\Includes\FolderPathsNew.qvs);

$(Include=$(QvcLib)\Includes\Default_Variables.qvs);

View solution in original post

3 Replies
agigliotti
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

i suggest you to take a look a https://github.com/QlikDeploymentFramework/Qlik-Deployment-Framework

there you 'll find some PDF files that helps you understand how it works.

beck_bakytbek
Master
Master

Hi Vignesh,

look at this blog, maybe you can solve your issue in other way

http://www.qlikfix.com/2011/09/21/storing-variables-outside-of-qlikview/

i hope that helps

Beck

rittermd
Master
Master

Not sure if this is what you mean.

We have created a .qvs file and stored on our server.  This file contains all of the LET and SET statements to create the variables that we use across most apps.  Things like Current Year, 30 days, 90 days ago date. 

We then just use an include statement in our script and they all get loaded in the app.  The downside is that they get loaded even if you don't use them. 

SET QvcLib='lib://Includes';

$(Include=$(QvcLib)\Includes\FolderPathsNew.qvs);

$(Include=$(QvcLib)\Includes\Default_Variables.qvs);