Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lweny
Contributor
Contributor

How to create drop down menu for filter pane

Hi all, I'm very new to Qlik Sense and still didn't get how to use this software. I'd like to ask a question, which would be a very basic question for you the experts: How to make a filter pane become a drop-down-single-selection filter pane? The current visualization and the expected result are attached. Thanks.
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

No need for an extension. Just create a filter pane 1 tile high. This will display the field name. Click on the field name to popup the list.

Capture.PNG

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein

View solution in original post

12 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

For one issue, You have created three threads. Don't duplicate for one issue

Duplicate1 Duplicate2

Please add me Anil_Babu_Samineni to interact faster when reply back. Speak low think High.

Before develop something, think If placed (The Right information | To the right people | At the Right time | In the Right place | With the Right context)
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Coming to your question - There is no option as default where as you can use extension for that.

Please add me Anil_Babu_Samineni to interact faster when reply back. Speak low think High.

Before develop something, think If placed (The Right information | To the right people | At the Right time | In the Right place | With the Right context)
lweny
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi, apologize, I think it's because the internet.. since I often failed in accessing this web so I refreshed it often. And thanks for your answer, so what kind of extension I could use to accomplish this goal?
Anil_Babu_Samineni

#Vizlib Filter is the one. To download, use this link https://www.vizlib.com/#library

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

No need for an extension. Just create a filter pane 1 tile high. This will display the field name. Click on the field name to popup the list.

Capture.PNG

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
lweny
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi Jonty, thanks for replying! Sorry I'm not able to open your capture.png.. internet problem, I didn't even understand why the internet is so lame.. Could you please explain more detailed? I've tried but didn't work.
lweny
Contributor
Contributor
Author

One additional question, If I have a field named A which has value A1 and A2. Then I'd like to sum the total sales for A2 only. I have created an IF calculation =if([A]='A2', Sum([Total_sales)])) under the Data --> Expression but the result was dash (-). Could you please point out the mistakes I've made? Thanks in advance!
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

As a general rule, i suggest that you start a new thread for a new question, but here goes:

=Sum(If(A = 'A2', [Total_sales]))

or (better)

=Sum({<A = {'A2'}>} [Total_sales])

lweny
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi Jonty, Yes, I've created a new thread for this question and got the solution already, however, many thanks for your reply! Oh, and by the way, I'm wondering if you can help me out with another problem on this link: https://community.qlik.com/t5/New-to-Qlik-Sense/Bar-chart-combo-chart-formatting/m-p/1575931#M134463, since I'm very new to Qlik Sense.. Thank you so much!