Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alsahly2017
Contributor III
Contributor III

How to create historical data table from a table which has recent data

Hi,

I hope you are all doing well,

I have a table which is taken from Oracle database directly. and every load the table will be presenting a different data.

I want to  create a historical data table in qlik sense  .

Thank you

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AdiPai
Creator II
Creator II

Hi ! 

Well there are multiple ways to get this done , but you can select the best way based on your application 

You can do an incremental load into a QVD and create a new field with the load date  - this will enable you to get the delta and differenciate between various versions of the data 

You can also store the data in seperate qvds on each reload .. just create a variable that give you the current date (or time - if you are loading multiple times a day ) and in the store statement use this variable .

Cheers ! 

A

View solution in original post

1 Reply
AdiPai
Creator II
Creator II

Hi ! 

Well there are multiple ways to get this done , but you can select the best way based on your application 

You can do an incremental load into a QVD and create a new field with the load date  - this will enable you to get the delta and differenciate between various versions of the data 

You can also store the data in seperate qvds on each reload .. just create a variable that give you the current date (or time - if you are loading multiple times a day ) and in the store statement use this variable .

Cheers ! 

A