Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cosc7070
Contributor II
Contributor II

How to create security rules in Qlik Sense?

Hi Team, 

I have two streams like stream 1 and stream 2. In stream 1 we have published 5 applications and under stream 2 we have published 6 applications. I want to create one new security rule like 

1. Users should not edit sheets and objects inside the applications under stream 1.

2. Users should edit sheets and objects inside the applications under stream 2 by using  same security rule.

Is it possible to create security rule in Qlik Sense? 

Please help me on this case.

Thanks in advance.

Labels (1)
2 Replies
Vegar
MVP
MVP

In qlik sense you can not deny access by a security rule, the only way of removing access to edit sheet objects in an application is to make sure no such granting rule exists for the user.

You can create and pinpoint which stream a rule should apply to in the security rules section in the QMC. Instead of filtering on all streams "stream*" you replace the star with the stream I'd. Alternative you can keep the star, but pinpoint the stream with the security rules condition, eg Stream.name="Stream 2"
cosc7070
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thank you Vegar.. I have implemented same rule which was mentioned by you but my requirements are different.   You ment say it's not possible to implement single security rule with below conditions right?

Is it possible to create two separate security rules like one is satisfy with first condition and another one is satisfy with second condition?

Thanks in advance..