Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to customize bar chart popup text in QlikSense?

I'm trying to change the popup text in a QS bar chart such that it displays additional information but I don't see a property I can change to achieve this.

For example, say I'm displaying a bar chart that shows purchases by company  division over time.  The X axis is the date (because I want to show purchases chronologically), and the Y axis is the total purchase amount.  When the user mouses-over a bar, the popup/tooltip shows the X value/dimension as the title and the Y  value/measure as a value underneath the title.  To make the chart more useful, I also want to show the purchase title/reason in the popup so that the user knows what the purchase was for.

I don't see anything like a popup customization expression that would allow me to append the title/reason. How could I do this?

Thanks 

Using QS 2.0.1 build 46.QSM12-CIGS

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

You are unable to do that level of customisation with Sense that you can with QlikView. This is one of the trade offs you need to get used to in having a responsive layout I think.  Perhaps you could add the reason as a dimension to group your measure accordingly?

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

You can add more Measure(s) so they appear in the popup.

• The Measure could be something like:

num(Sum([Sales Margin Amount]), '#,##0') & '$'

• Set the Number Formatting to "Custom".

• If you are using a Bar Chart, under Presentation, select Stacked.

Final Result:

ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

You are unable to do that level of customisation with Sense that you can with QlikView. This is one of the trade offs you need to get used to in having a responsive layout I think.  Perhaps you could add the reason as a dimension to group your measure accordingly?