Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Iras
Contributor III
Contributor III

How to delete a specific row of the data in the data manager editor

Dear all, 

I uploaded the data from the excel and few rows with zero values/Null rows are all created.  How I can delete this null rows in my data manager editor? 

Thanks in advance 

Regards 

Praneeth Pasari 

Labels (3)
11 Replies
JordyWegman
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi Praneet,

Is this at the end of you document of between the data? Because if it's at the end, it's not a real problem. Do you also see this in the Data Model Viewer?

Jordy

Climber

Work smarter, not harder
Iras
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Yes, I can. 

But I would also like to know, how to delete a specific row data in the data manager as we do in python or excel. 

JordyWegman
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

There is no possibility to actually 'delete' a row in Qlik. What you can do is go to the Data Load Editor, unlock your script and add the statement:

Where not isnull([YourField])

or

Where [YourField] <> ''

YourField should be your table key field, the unique field in your table.

Jordy

Climber 

Work smarter, not harder
Iras
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I don't have any unique field in my data as the data is the project reporting data for every month. I had consolidated all the projects data in to one Database so most of the data is repetitive untill or unless I use two column together. I wont be able to have unique field. 

Can I just say isnull to my complete database to remove all empty rows ?, if so how I can do it ?  

Iras
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

If you see the screenshot the summary of the column shows me that there are 12% of values are null, how I can remove them ? 

JordyWegman
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

No problem, you can do this on Reporting Month:

Where not isnull([Reporting Month])

This will leave you without any empty rows.

Jordy

Climber 

Work smarter, not harder
Iras
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I tried but I am getting below error. 

JordyWegman
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

I see that you are using this within your auto generated calendar, is that correct?

You need to do this at the end of you fact table! The reason why you see this error is because you misplaced the  ;  because your where needs to be before the   ;   . You get that?

Jordy

Climber

Work smarter, not harder
Iras
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Could you please elobrate a bit more. 

In my autogenerate section I have only two sub section 

1. Data loaded 

2 Auto calender 

Do I need to create a new section (using add symbol on the left ) and run the script ?