Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mhmmd_srf
Creator II
Creator II

How to delete data for one particular's date?

Hi All,

I have one app where we have Transaction table in day level. And many other dimension table. It is delta load from source. I need to delete one day's (past date i.e. 11 May 2016) full data and reload it again. Because for data got changed totally for that day.

Could you please help me out how to do this.

Thanks in advance for your help..

Regards,

Sarif

10 Replies
arulsettu
Master III
Master III

try this in load script

load

filed1,

field2

field3

date

from xxxx where not match(date,'11 May 2016');

date format should match with your date field

mhmmd_srf
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Arul,

I don't want to load again. I just want to delete to those days data. How can we make this happen?

Thanks,

Sarif

Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

try like:

Load A, B, C

From <Source> Where A<>'XX';

Hope this helps.

arulsettu
Master III
Master III

in a chart?

mhmmd_srf
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Arul,

In whole app. We have multiple charts in that App.

Thanks,

Sarif

arulsettu
Master III
Master III

then you have to do like above i mentioned. once you reload data for the date will be removed. it is the easy way

Not applicable

Hi Mohammad,

I am explaining your concern as: You have one fact table , where lets say 20 days of data till yesterday, now , today 21st day ,data which is of one day get ingested to your fact table and in your case 21st day's data get change or update with time ,tomorrow when you will again load one day data 22nd day, you want to update today's data(21st day) with new record which will come on 22nd day?

mhmmd_srf
Creator II
Creator II
Author

hi Rohit,

yes I want to update 21st data on 22nd day. In my case I used get different csv for different date and incremental load to Qlik.

Thanks,

Sarif

Not applicable

Hi Mohammad,

You can do this , whenever you load , load data for MAX Date -1 or MAX KEY -1 ,Kindly filter the max date data So when you will have data for yesterday on today in the app and  then next day when you will load for next day , today corrected data get into the app.

Please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT / HELPFUL so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.