Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
umartareen
Creator II
Creator II

How to deploy Operations Monitor Application on a multinode environment ?

Hi All,

I have to deploy the Operations Monitor application on a multi node environment. What are the steps to achieve this ?

There is an Operations Monitor application on the server which needs to fetch data for all nodes. Qlik Sense server being used is 3.2 SR1.

I would really appreciate if step by step procedure is provided.

Thanks,

Umar

7 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

It should be auto installed as part of the standard cluster install. 

Are there any specific issues you are encountering ?

umartareen
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi,

I get the following error :

Sense Error 3.PNG

What can be the issue ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Looks like it can't find the ArchivedLogsFolder Data Connection.

• Does it exist ?
    • I think it should be set up as part of the default cluster install.

• If it exists does the user running the reload have permissions to it ? 
    • Try running the reload using the AD service account that runs your QlikSense Windows Services.
umartareen
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Bill,

I tried reloading by modifying the variables "serverLogFolder" and "archivedLogsFolder" to that of the central node.

Now I get the following error.

The variables were modified to take the path of the central node and the above error appears.

Should the Monitoring app be present on the central node itself ?

Thanks,

Umar

Anonymous
Not applicable

From what I have seen, any Apps in the Monitoring Apps Stream are forced by Qlik Sense to only reload on the Central node when running via a QMC Reload Task.

The folders it needs to access are also usually held on the Central node.

Your error indicates that it cannot find resident table monitorAppReloadStats.  Without seeing you actual server system it is hard to suggest a precise solution, but I'd suggest looking through the reload script and finding / checking the code that ought to create this resident table.

umartareen
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Bill, thank you for the quick replies.

Is it that we have to keep the Operations Monitor .Qvf file on the central node ? Or it would work fine if its present on another node ?

Thanks,

Umar

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have it on a Rim Node, but have set up the Data Connections using unc share paths to the log folders on the Central Mode with suitable permissions set.  So I can reload it manually on a Rim Node and also via a QMC Task that runs on the Central Node.