Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
praveen1108
Creator
Creator

How to deploy/move qvf files from Dev to QA then to Production?

Hello Friends,

I have done the development of few visulaizations and now my QVF is pointing to Dev database and would like to move that to production Qliksense server pointing to Production database.

It will be great if someone can give me the steps to do the same,

Regards,

PK

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hello Praveen,

I assume since you are using the term .qvf - that you may mean .qvf file that you created with Qlik Sense Desktop? or do you mean you created a app (which you refer to as a qvf) using Qlik Sense server in / on a development licensed Qlik Sense server and you want to move it to another environment (Qlik Sense Server) that you have in production?

If the latter or the former - you can use the QMC on both systems to export the app from one server (as a .qvf file) and then import the app into the other server. That app will then be available in the QMC users My Work stream as seen in the hub. You can then publish that app to an appropriate stream:

Here are some resource that may also help you:

New to Qlik Sense Enterprise Server Videos

https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-7144#qmc - this series explains some of this process.

EDIT: wrong link - I meant to send this one:
http://help.qlik.com/sense/2.0/en-US/online/#../Subsystems/ManagementConsole/Content/manage-apps.htm...

I believe you can also do this with the Management APIs.

Let us know how you do.

Please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT / HELPFUL so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hello Praveen,

I assume since you are using the term .qvf - that you may mean .qvf file that you created with Qlik Sense Desktop? or do you mean you created a app (which you refer to as a qvf) using Qlik Sense server in / on a development licensed Qlik Sense server and you want to move it to another environment (Qlik Sense Server) that you have in production?

If the latter or the former - you can use the QMC on both systems to export the app from one server (as a .qvf file) and then import the app into the other server. That app will then be available in the QMC users My Work stream as seen in the hub. You can then publish that app to an appropriate stream:

Here are some resource that may also help you:

New to Qlik Sense Enterprise Server Videos

https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-7144#qmc - this series explains some of this process.

EDIT: wrong link - I meant to send this one:
http://help.qlik.com/sense/2.0/en-US/online/#../Subsystems/ManagementConsole/Content/manage-apps.htm...

I believe you can also do this with the Management APIs.

Let us know how you do.

Please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT / HELPFUL so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
praveen1108
Creator
Creator
Author

Hey Thanks Mike for the quick reply.

I would like to understand in detail on this topic.

Yes i have a QVF that i created with Qliksense Desktop with "Dashboard" as my connection string name.

I imported in DEV Environment using QMC and everything is working absolutely fine.

Now the pain part is i want to move this .qvf to Production for the first time and when i import this in Production QMC i can see the app and browse the dashboard but i can still see the same old DEV database data.

Could you please help me with detailed steps for Data Connections when we move the .QVF to other environments where to change the connection string for Production database and etc,

I really appreciate for your help!

PK

Dalton_Ruer
Support
Support

When you imported the application for the first time to the new server it will create a Connection using the same information as you had on your test server.

In your QMC change the connection for that connection name on your production server and point it to your production database.