Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Theo_Westseit
Contributor III
Contributor III

How to detach Variable

Hey Guys,

i have a App with 5 worksheets in total, the first 4 have a selection filter for year. On the 5th Worksheet i have a input box (not filter) linked with a variable to select a year for a special column. Unfortunately the variable is linked to the selected year from the previous worksheets, so it shows the selected year from the previous sheets . How do i detach it?

And if i select a year on the first worksheets, the selection options from the input box suddenly reduce to the selected year from the previous Worksheets.

Variable:
vYear1, Definition 2022

For the input input box i have selected Dynamic-Values.
Formula looks like this =Concat(Distinct Year)

Any help appreciated!

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Digvijay_Singh

One way to clear selection while opening a sheet is through sheet action as below,

Digvijay_Singh_0-1644353114860.png

You may keep some of your object in alternate state to keep them ineffective of the selections, but all these approaches have side effects, sometimes it gets confusing for users.

Digvijay_Singh_1-1644353259425.png

Thanks,

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Digvijay_Singh

One way to clear selection while opening a sheet is through sheet action as below,

Digvijay_Singh_0-1644353114860.png

You may keep some of your object in alternate state to keep them ineffective of the selections, but all these approaches have side effects, sometimes it gets confusing for users.

Digvijay_Singh_1-1644353259425.png

Thanks,

Theo_Westseit
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hello Digvijay,

thanks for your reply!

I will try it with alternate states.