cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
arielpoe
Contributor
Contributor

How to determine what data connector a stream or app is using

I'm really a noob at the Qlik Sense application and unfortunately, I've been delegated to the role of administrator since the previous person retired. We recently upgraded our TEST installation. So, we are validating the application after the upgrade. However, one of the users is reporting that the data within their apps is different in TEST than our production environment. As a background, our TEST instance is actually configured to allow data connections from both a TEST and PRODUCTION database instance. (I not exactly ideal but they had use cases for doing that way). I simply want to confirm what streams and data sources their apps are using to determine if it the same as production.  I tried finding an article that would show how to do this but I'm having trouble finding one. Is there a knowledge base article that would outline how to do this?

1 Reply
ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

Ask for their URL and grab the App GUID from it and use it in the QMC to search for apps based on it

ogster1974_0-1675963111315.png

Or look in events in SaaS and sure of the user to find their activity and again will find the app id their using.

On Enterprise look in the log folder for this or use the Monitoring app to find the users activity to date again you will track down the App ID in use.