Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ashishpalkar
Creator III
Creator III

How to disable snapshot and full screen when we mouse over charts

Hi There

Qlik Sense provides snapshot and full screen options for all/few charts when we mouse over.

Is there any way we can disable the this feature?

Thanks in advance.

8 Replies
OmarBenSalem

mto‌; Hi Mike, same question here; do u know if this is possible?

If yes, how?

ashishpalkar
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks Omar for checking this issue. We have any solution here?

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Guys,

I know this is possible with the APIs - I have seen it done in an extension that was built, but I have not seen this in our out-of-the-box visualizations.

(Some extension with properties panel - that controls the icons)

Also if someone is granted just READ access the snapshot icon will not appear, but the maximize icon will always appear.

(user with READ ONLY)

I have opened a feature request in our internal ideation system - but there isn't any guarantees this will make it into the product - but at least we have it logged.

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Regards,

Michael Tarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
imtiaz_ullah
Creator
Creator

Hi,

has anyone gotten any closer to a solution for this? We have an integration with our own SSO portal and whilst we support both app and single integrations, neither give us 100% of what we need.

Singe Integration is buggy, non-responsive and cannot take advantage of buttons (Qlik bundles) to load another sheet within an app, losing the ability to browse between sheets, thus losing navigation.

In order to navigate between sheets we need app integration which then poses us many issues, such as this one. Why Qlik haven't made this common request available yet - or chose to never make this "easily" configurable is surprising.

Essentially, what I need, is to do an app iframe integration but easily allow me to enabled and disable all of these right click/hover features without having to css (badly) everything. It's not good and hacking the css will result in changes being wiped at next upgrade.

Ideally, if someone could let us know how some of these existing extensions are doing it, then that'd be superb!

Immy

taha_mansoor
Creator
Creator

Are there still any chances for this ?

Regards,

Taha

imtiaz_ullah
Creator
Creator

No. It’s a nightmare. I don’t know why qlik hasn’t made major changes to this product. They updated their our chart visual though (no idea why).
Saryk
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Are there still no news of how to remove this ? Those icons are getting in the way and quite obnoxiously so.

imtiaz_ullah
Creator
Creator

No. Why qlik continue to enhance pie charts over much needed functionality is beyond me.
For now I’ve hacked the css but it’s not a proper solution.