Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
millan123
Creator II
Creator II

How to disable the selection of filter in Qlik sense

I need to disable the selection of filter A, but when I select other filters or charts then I need to export that filter A data, Here I can do using set analysis but I don't want restrict using set analysis..

Please help me with this.

Thanks in advance

Clark

8 Replies
agigliotti
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

what do you means with "disable the selection of filter A", what's your goal?

millan123
Creator II
Creator II
Author

I need to disable the selection of values in Filter A,

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hello Clark,

I do not believe you can disable a filter selection with the out of the box product, .... perhaps maybe with a selection extension object that may exist on Qlik Branch - however if you are interested you can set up your charts and visualizations to ignore selections by configuring your measures with Set Analysis - which will define the measure to use a set of values you define - and with additional options to ignore selections.

If you are not aware of Set Analysis - check out this videos:

HTH and let us know how you do.

If you are not familiar with extensions - you can check this out: Qlik Sense - Introduction to Extensions (video)

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Regards,

Michael Tarallo (@mtarallo) | Twitter

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Clark - sorry about that - I just now saw what you stated about Set Analysis - let me look at some other options.

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
millan123
Creator II
Creator II
Author

thanks

millan123
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Michael,

Thanks for the reply......Is  that extension is Safe to use? Is that approved by Qlik ?

How we can find the certified extensions to use in Sep 2017 version ?

thanks

Clark

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Does you mean this?

Only({<Filter = E(Filter)>} Filter)

Please add me Anil_Babu_Samineni to interact faster when reply back. Speak low think High.

Before develop something, think If placed (The Right information | To the right people | At the Right time | In the Right place | With the Right context)
millan123
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thanks Anil,

No