Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tchambers
Contributor II
Contributor II

How to disambiguate cities across states in maps?

I created a simple map visualization, or so I think. I used the field type help to ensure my data loaded with Geo data. But there's only city and country, no state (or province). Sure enough, as this screenshot shows, the city of Arlington is ambiguous.There's one in Massachusetts, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, and Washington. Yet the map plots all my data in Texas. What am I missing?

qlik-city-e0802b.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think the embedded qvds for mapping cities work only with 1 city per country ....

have a look at the basic qvds

C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Local\Programs\Qlik\Sense\DataPrepService\src\geo

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think the embedded qvds for mapping cities work only with 1 city per country ....

have a look at the basic qvds

C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Local\Programs\Qlik\Sense\DataPrepService\src\geo

tchambers
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Robin's answer confirms that the way I was trying to do it. I'll call it answered. I also got some information through my sales rep that might help others. It seems that without Qlik GeoAnalytics®, best practices would suggest to manually load lat/long data for the particular cities in mind.

And he suggested these resources:

I got exactly what I needed (and what I expected) with Tableau using ZIP Codes. And States are built-in geo locations in Tableau. If I learn more about this as it relates to Qlik I'll reply again here.