Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Omkar13
Contributor III
Contributor III

How to display dynamic values in text box based one filter value

Hi Experts,

I'm trying to develop a dynamic report using Qlik Sense. I'm using excel as a data source stored on cloud.

Fields are-
Issue ID
Description
Application
Summary
Resolved Status

How do I only get the selected data matching the issue ID. I.e the user just need to select the ID and Description, Application, Summary and Status will be displayed.

e.g. 

user select the Issue id filter: 123 (for e.g)

Required result:

Issue ID: 123
Description: This is a test description
Application: Amazon
Summary: Recurring connection issue with server
Resolved Status: In progress

I hope I have clearly explained the scenario. Can someone help me or show the right direction?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Omkar13
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I just realized how silly this question was. I just had to insert the field and it changes based on selection. face plam. 😛

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

why cant this?

=GetCurrentSelections()    

or try this

=Concat({<Description=P(Description),Application=p(Application)>}Description,',')       like so on..

Omkar13
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks for the reply Chanty4u.

I tried the above solution but it didn't work. With get current selection I only get the selected value i.e. the issue id in this case and not the rest. Also I don't want to concat them as I want to retrieve them in different text fields for formatting purpose.

The end goal is to create an issue report which anyone can download as a pdf in pre defined format. the field I hav e mentioned are just for reference.

Omkar13
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I just realized how silly this question was. I just had to insert the field and it changes based on selection. face plam. 😛