Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to display the count of item for each line of a filter box?

Hi all,

Maybe I missed it but I couldn’t find any post on how to display the count of item for each line of a filter box.

I have several filter boxes, ie for business activity sectors or for functions.

It would be nice to be able to display in the box, for each active line, the count of items. It has to be dynamic to reflect any selection made by user.

I’ve tried this (FonctionFinal&' '&Count(FonctionFinal)) but it doesn’t work at all. I’m not even sure if it is possible with Sense…

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

chart aggregation functions like count() don't work well in dimensions , and a filter pane uses dimensions.

To make them work you just need to specify the aggregation level of the dimension using aggr()

Try this:

FonctionFinal&' '& aggr( Count(FonctionFinal),FonctionFinal)

Capture.PNG

View solution in original post

3 Replies
JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

chart aggregation functions like count() don't work well in dimensions , and a filter pane uses dimensions.

To make them work you just need to specify the aggregation level of the dimension using aggr()

Try this:

FonctionFinal&' '& aggr( Count(FonctionFinal),FonctionFinal)

Capture.PNG

awhitfield
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Hi Patrick,

when you say 'filter box' do you actually mean a 'List Box'? If so, you can add an expression on the 'Expression tab of the list box properties. However, this option is only availablein V11 onwards

HTH Andy

Whoops, only just spotted that it's QlikSense!

Not applicable
Author

Hi Jon,

Your solution is just great! In few minutes I've been able to adjust my two apps to show, when appropriate, the counts.

The result sounds to me just terrific! Hope my client will enjoy it as well. Demonstrating tomorrow...

Thanks again Jon!