Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hammermill21
Creator III
Creator III

How to do a count of a word in a table - Qlik Sense

Hello,

I have a table that has a few columns that have pass or fail, at the end, I want to have a final Pass/Fail Test column showing that if all the columns contain "pass" the full test Passes if not it fails.

Capture.JPG

I tried to count the pass or fails and that does not seem to work.  I also tried:

=count({<Your Dimension={'Pass','Fail'}>} Your Dimension) which didn't work either. To get the pass or fail for the "30%" column I have the function: =If([Actual Load Percentage] > 30, 'Pass', 'Fail') and for the "35 mins" pass or fail I have the following function: =If([Total Duration of Test] > 35, 'Pass', 'Fail')

Thank you!

18 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Elizabeth,

Niclas's answer should work. If it is not check your syntax.

As an alternative can't you try if([Actual Load Percentage] > 30 and [Total Duration of Test] > 35, 'Pass', 'Fail').

If this also doesn't work try if([Actual Load Percentage] > '30' and [Total Duration of Test] > '35', 'Pass', 'Fail').

hammermill21
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Ah! So easy!! I was making more complicated!! 

Thank you, it worked!!

umartareen
Creator II
Creator II

Okay.

This should help :

If([Actual Load Percentage] > 30 and [Total Duration of Test] > 35, 'Pass', 'Fail')

Where [Actual Load Percentage] and  [Total Duration of Test] should be the expressions of Column 3 and Column 7 respectively.

hammermill21
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thank you!!

hammermill21
Creator III
Creator III
Author

And if I want to add another column to that?

Thank for all the help, at some point I will have this down packed!

umartareen
Creator II
Creator II

Then we may have to modify our expression accordingly.

umartareen
Creator II
Creator II

We will have to modify this way,

If([Actual Load Percentage] > 30 and [Total Duration of Test] > 35 and [Column New] > 'X', 'Pass', 'Fail')

hammermill21
Creator III
Creator III
Author

I got it thank you.

hammermill21
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thank you for your help!