Qlik Community

New to Qlik Sense

Discussion board where members can get started with Qlik Sense.

Highlighted
Kristian
New Contributor

How to enable token based access - Qlik Sense Server 12.XX

Dear Community,

I recently installed Qlik Sense on premise and found tags with token based user access. I searched for some guides and found many of them, unfortunately for older versions. Meanwhile the GUI changed and I don´t have the entry "License and Tokens" for example, it is now only "License Management".

Could somebody explain me how this actually needs to be configured? I also couldn´t allocate any tokens to a rule.  A hint alone would be also appreciated.

Best,

Kristian 

4 Replies
Support
Support

Re: How to enable token based access - Qlik Sense Server 12.XX

Hi Kristian,
From License Management, you can go to Site License and from there apply your token-based Qlik Sense license. Then for you to be able to set rules, you can set it for User Access or Login Access.

Reference screenshot attached.

Support
Support

Kristian
New Contributor

Thanks for the reply. If I understand it correctly two license models exist?
Basically one for 1 license 1 user model and the token based model, so I need to contact
my seller. Because I assume I got the wrong license model or I asked for the wrong one.
Can you confirm?
Support
Support

It may be important to discuss an implementation plan with an account manager or partner (depending on your customer status) in conjunction with a consultant.

There are two licensing models as of April 2018. But the discussion of these requirement considerations are likely beyond the scope of this posting. 

EDL