cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to filter data that applies to an entire sheet

Hi,

I am trying to achieve the following but cannot figure it out (I am using Qlik Sense Desktop).

I would like to create 1 app with 1 data source (an excel spreadsheet with multiple columns of data) which feeds all the sheets on an app but I need each sheet to have its own filters which do not affect any other sheets.

(In other systems you are able to copy the original data, make amendments to the copy and create charts from the copied data.  When updating the original data the copies will automatically update also so multiple data sets are not needed.  I have not been able to replicate this behaviour in Qlik.)

here is a simplified example of what I am trying to achieve.

Sheet 1 - Contains all SALES, IT and HR data.  

Sheet 2 - Contains only HR data BUT the data field that contains the HR information is not part of the charts. 

The charts should only include HR information but the actual dimension would be Location and the measure would be number of employees

Sheet 3 - Contains only SALES data BUT again the SALES filter should not be in the chart.  The charts would only contain Sales data but the dimension would be Location and the measure would be number of stores.

I cannot use the filter panes as this affects all the other sheets.

I have tried using a custom dimension but this only works if you are using that dimension in the chart (I would not be).  I have tried adding it in to an existing chart and the information does not change.

Is there any other simple way of doing this? 

Thanks very much,

Kizzy

23 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

correct

OmarBenSalem

If you like the concept of master measures; you should create a new master measure:

sum({$<GG={14,15,16}>}[Approve to Close])

/

sum({$<GG={14,15,16}>}[Number of Openings])

But, It still don't understand why you insist on creating a master measure while can write the expression directly as :

sum({$<GG={14,15,16}>}[Approve to Close])

/sum({$<GG={14,15,16}>}[Number of Openings])

Another thing, you can use variables:

this is where you create variables:

Capture.PNG

for example, create a variable named : vCG141516 = GG={14,15,16}
and then call it in your expression : with a $ sign like this:

Sum({<$(vCG141516)>}Number of Reqs)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Omar,

I need to use the measure multiple times for multiple charts.  By setting up the master measure I am able to do this without recreating the expression in each chart- although I am new to this and perhaps its the first way that worked so I am using it.  I'm sure as I learn I will find better ways of working.  I will check out the variables also.

Thanks,

Kizzy

OmarBenSalem

I understand,

But, you have to build another expression as I told you, you can't just add the {<CG={...}>} part in different expressions.

To call just that part, you'll have to put in a variable.

Ps: if you need anything, don't hesitate to "call back"

Good work !