Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to find fields in complex databases (ODBC or Salesforce connections)

When selecting data from an ODBC or Saleforce connection for instance, is there a way to search for a field in all tables?

In the 'Select Data' page in Qlik Sense, I can see a lot of tables in my connections, I can see and search fields in individual tables, but after spending an hour I still cannot find the fields I want.

What is the best approach to find the fields you need in a database, is it to print the database schema first, find the tables/fields you want and then go into Qlik Sense?

Thank you in advance

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rohitk1609
Master
Master

Hi Remi,

Until you donot know your database , tables and its field it will be like hit and trial way. Please spend some time in understanding and then start looking through Qlik.

Please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT / HELPFUL so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Rohit Kumar

View solution in original post

2 Replies
rohitk1609
Master
Master

Hi Remi,

Until you donot know your database , tables and its field it will be like hit and trial way. Please spend some time in understanding and then start looking through Qlik.

Please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT / HELPFUL so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Rohit Kumar

Not applicable
Author

Thank you Rohit,

It was a rookie question. Now that I have used Qlik Sense a lot more and connected to various databases, and got the assistance of a Qlik partner consultant for a day, I fully appreciate your response.

I would still be good I think if Qlik Sense allowed searching all field titles in all tables at once (as opposed to being able to only search field titles within the selected table). Perhaps you could add this suggestion to the improvement ideas log.

Thanks