Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
caiomartins
Contributor II
Contributor II

How to fix a measure in a specific period in a graph over time, while allowing dimension filters to be used

Hi everyone,

I currently have a graph that is number of issues remaining over time that looks as the below (but in Qlik)

However, issues remaining is calculated as Part A - Part B:

Part A - Count of issues, by department (when selecting filter) or aggregated without department filter, for each period 

Part B - Number of issues on period 1 (P1), by department (when selecting filter) or aggregated without department filter.

caiomartins_0-1658918227790.png

The problem is the formula breaks when it goes to P2, as Qlik doesn't part B, as that period only relates to P1. 

I thought about using a set expression to lock the part B on Period 1 regardless of the period shown on the graph, P2,P3,P4...

However, I haven't found a way of locking P1, while allowing the department filter to work, and the measure filter (as issues remaining is a variable name on a column called "Variable"). 

So I tried to re-write Part B as:

sum({$<Period=> * $<KPI={'Issues_Start'}> * $<[Department]>} Measure)

That didn't work. Still no Issues start showing for P2,P3,P4 and so on...

Could anyone help me here, please?

If that doesn't work, the only way around it I can think is to duplicate Issues_Start for every single period in the data, but that doesn't sound ideal. 

Thank you!

Labels (5)
1 Reply
Mark_Little
Luminary
Luminary

Hi @caiomartins 

I think i would need to understand the data model a little more to assist.

Can you provide a sample?