Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to get all the filtered item name into Text & image at Qlik Sense?

I have a column ‘myCountries’ containing different countries. I use ‘myCountries’ column as a filter dimension in Qlik Sense. I need to show which countries I select from ‘myCountries’ column in a Text & image part with Qlik Sense. If I put [myCountries] into the expression part of Text & image, when I select 1 country from ‘myCountries’ column, Text & image part will show the country name, but when I select more than 1 country from ‘myCountries’ column, Text & image part will show nothing.

Could you please give any suggestion?

Thanks!

11 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

The getfieldselections function is returning a list of the values selected from the myState field, using # as the value separator and I've limited it to return 53 values. This is as per the syntax in the help (help.qlik.com).

The subfield function is then effectively breaking the string returned by getfieldselections into separate strings or fields, using the # as the separator. The -1 is to tell it to return the last string that it finds as the '-' tells it to search from the right rather than the left..

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks!

subfield(getfieldselections(myState,'#', 53), '#' , -1) does not work.

For example, if I firstly click Washington state, text part will always show 'Washington'; if i firstly click Arizona (if i keep clicking state with name order), the text part will be correct.

So, this method nearly works.

I think we need to search from the RIGHT rather than LEFT.

Could you please give any suggestion?