cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aalokkr
Contributor
Contributor

How to get field Data using REST API using Postman

I want to extract field data through REST API.  But I am unable to find the best Url to get it. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Øystein_Kolsrud
Employee
Employee

You probably want to have a look at the engine API which is based on websockets, not REST. I don't think Postman is a good tool for that. You are likely to need some library for handling the websocket traffic such as enigma.js or the .NET SDK.

As a rule of thumb, the QRS API provides access to information about apps, while the engine API provides access to the contents of apps.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
JordyWegman
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi,

Do you have an endpoint available to get data from?

Jordy

Climber

Work smarter, not harder
Aalokkr
Contributor
Contributor
Author

@JordyWegman  Yes I have an endpoint, but  I would like to know, how would I get field data using postman. Because I am new to this so I have limited knowledge of this.  Using QRS API.

Øystein_Kolsrud
Employee
Employee

You probably want to have a look at the engine API which is based on websockets, not REST. I don't think Postman is a good tool for that. You are likely to need some library for handling the websocket traffic such as enigma.js or the .NET SDK.

As a rule of thumb, the QRS API provides access to information about apps, while the engine API provides access to the contents of apps.