Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to have bar chart show correct count?

Hello,

I am practicing using Qlik Sense by making a sample dashboard that displays visualizations based on Academy Awards data. I currently have a bar chart that is supposed to show the count of awards won by each actor on the datasource. Please see the screenshot here:

Awards1.png

As you can see, according to the bar chart, Hilary Swank won 4 awards. This is NOT correct because Hilary Swank actually won 2 awards according to the datasource being used. Please see here:

Awards2.png

The bar chart is really showing the number of NOMINATIONS for the actors, not the actual number of awards won. Hilary Swank got 4 nominations, but won it twice.

How can I change the bar chart to show the values in the chart to match the datasource? I thought I used the correct formula, but apparently that is not. THANK YOU in advance for your assistance!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jaumecf23
Creator III
Creator III

something like this:

=count({<[_unit_state]={'golden'}>}Nominations)

View solution in original post

4 Replies
jaumecf23
Creator III
Creator III

something like this:

=count({<[_unit_state]={'golden'}>}Nominations)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you sir! That solved the issue perfectly!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I was wondering, what's the purpose of the curly brackets? When are they typically used in a formula?

jaumecf23
Creator III
Creator III

In the following link you can find more information regarding the set analyis. There are many things that you should know: Set Analysis: syntaxes, examples