Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shirleyc40
Creator
Creator

How to have date field ignore another date field

Hi

I'm doing this app where I'm adding onto an existing app (for production reasons). The only way my new data connects with the old one is through a directory csv. However, the existing app has a period filter that has a default selection that for some reason, doesn't allow me to select any dates from my own data. All my dates are grayed out.

Labels (1)
2 Replies
Nicole-Smith

Rename your new date field to have a different name.

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @shirleyc40 

Is it that the period filter has only dates, whilst the data you are bringing in has dates and times?

If so, you will want to do a DayStart on your datetime field, which will just give you the start of the day for each day, and move the datetime into a new field. So, assuming your field is simply called Date:

LOAD
  Date(DayStart(MyDate), 'DD MMM YYYY') as MyDate,
  MyDate as MyDateTime,
  etc.

If you are bringing in a secondary table you need to be quite careful how the tables relate to each other, with regards to what fields have the same name. Take a look at the Data Model Viewer to see how the tables currently associate. Ideally you only want one common field between any two tables. As @Nicole-Smith  says you can rename fields to avoid associations all together. If you have multiple fields that are common between the two tables you will want to look at the CONCATENATE statement. This is generally the safer way to bring in facts from multiple tables. You may well still need to use the code above if you have both Date and Datetime data between tables.