Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mahitham
Creator II
Creator II

How to hide column in Qliksense June 2018

Hi Experts,

Can any one please help me on below requirement.

In June 2018 version I have found one option like Show Column if.

In the below table by using this option how to hide the Unique Visitors Measure Column.

Please help me on this.

Please find the below attached app.

Thanks in advance.

hide column.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MayilVahanan

Hi

This option is used to "display the column when the condition is satisfied which entered in the box".

For: If the "Unique Visitor" column need to display when the user select a Month. then enter the condition like below

GetselectedCount(Month) = 1

Hope it helps to understand.

Thanks & Regards, Mayil Vahanan R
Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.

View solution in original post

11 Replies
arulsettu
Master III
Master III

you can use condition to hide and show. for example i used if date selected to display the new visitor column

OmarBenSalem

It's just like the condition under the adds-on;

show column if :

ur expression

example, u want to showthe column new visitors only if u select a year

so the condition to show this column would be for example:

count(distinct Year)=1

MayilVahanan

Hi

This option is used to "display the column when the condition is satisfied which entered in the box".

For: If the "Unique Visitor" column need to display when the user select a Month. then enter the condition like below

GetselectedCount(Month) = 1

Hope it helps to understand.

Thanks & Regards, Mayil Vahanan R
Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.
OmarBenSalem

Do u hate me?

mahitham
Creator II
Creator II
Author

No Bro 

I Just tried your option also. Its also working.

Thanks for your help. Marked as Helpful. Already I have used Correct Answer.

Community has to Provide Correct Answer option for more replies

gerald_lebret
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi,

This option works perfectly with a table.

However, when using a pivot table, if I have  a dimension on top of the values, it won't work.

Let me explain with an example:

Year 1                                                                 Year 2                                   Difference

Qty         Unit Price           Amount         Qty        Unit Price     Amount                 Qty             Amount

Item 1

Item 2

I want the qty difference column and/or the amount difference column to appear only if they're different from 0.

But, from the moment, qty is not equal 0 in year one or year 2, QS shows the difference qty even if it equals 0.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

mbjallow6
Contributor III
Contributor III

Screenshot (204).png

I am working on an app not exactly the as the screenshot. using the screenshot as an example, i want to create a condition that some user can all the three columns(RED,BLUE,GREEN) whereas other user can see only 2 columns or so. Do you have any idea of how to do this?

Thank you in advance.

gerald_lebret
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hello,

Have you thought of section access?

It could work depending on how your data are structured

mbjallow6
Contributor III
Contributor III

Yes i have spend hours and hours reading about section access. However, when i applied it in the manner i understood it, it didn't worked i aspected.Screenshot (233).png

above is my data load script.