Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bhushan1
Contributor II
Contributor II

How to ignore particular Level from alternate state applied on filter pane

Hi All,

I am using qlik sense desktop version and in my APP , I have  a table which contains Country dimension and measures are A &B. I have filter pane which contains 4 Dimensions as filters like Country, age, gender etc...

Now my requirement is when a user selects filter from filter pane my measure A should not reflect to any filter and only  measure B has to reflect and has to ignore the country selection(I can not delete country dimension from filter pane as I need to show other tables for Age, gender as in dashboard in similar to attached screenshot ).here I have applied alternate state to my filter pane and also in measure B definition like sum( {"FilterSheet"}Sales).

Please let me know your thoughts .

Regards,

Bhushan

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Bhushan1
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi,

I can't use the approach you suggested. since I need to include another measure called "C" which has to reflect based on another set of same filters in another filter pane. To avoid default Qlik associate behavior I have to use alternate sates.

Anyhow I got the solution for this and solution is

Measure B definition is : sum({"FilterSheet"<Country=>}B)

Regards,

Bhushan

View solution in original post

2 Replies
tresesco
MVP
MVP

May be you can use set analysis instead like:

Exp A:

Sum({1} Units)       // this would give output irrespective of any selection

Exp B:

Sum({<Country>}Sales)             // this would only ignore country field selection

Bhushan1
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi,

I can't use the approach you suggested. since I need to include another measure called "C" which has to reflect based on another set of same filters in another filter pane. To avoid default Qlik associate behavior I have to use alternate sates.

Anyhow I got the solution for this and solution is

Measure B definition is : sum({"FilterSheet"<Country=>}B)

Regards,

Bhushan