Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to implement Section Access in Qlik Sense..

Hi All,

I am trying to perform section access in Qlik Sense using below code, but unable to do so....can anyone pls help me here

Sales_Master:

Load * Inline [

Product ID, Country, Geography

P101,       India,   APAC

P102,       Japan,   APAC

P103,       UK,      EMEA

P104,       Austria, EMEA

P105,       USA,     AMER

P106,       CANADA,  AMER

];

EMP:

Load * Inline [

EMP ID, Product ID

E120,   P101

E130,   P101

E140,   P102

E150,   P103

E160,   P105

];

SECTION ACCESS;

Laod * Inline [

ACCESS, USERID, PRODUCT ID

USER,   E120,   P101

USER,   E130,   P101

USER,   E140,   P102

USER,   E160,   *

];

SECTION APPLICATION;

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Digvijay_Singh

Create new field name PRODUCT ID(upper case) from lower case product id in EMP and Sales_Master table. The reduction field associating section access and section application needs to be in same case.

[Product ID]  as [PRODUCT ID]

View solution in original post

11 Replies
OmarBenSalem

a section access that works in qlikview should work in qlik sense ENTREPRISE (not desktop)

ps: ur dimension should be in UPPER CASE

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

How to do data reduction in Qlik sense?

Any example of data reduction..I am struggling with data reduction, security is working fine but when I created one application using above code, I am no longer to access the application.

Bit confusing for me now..

Greg_Williams
Employee
Employee

In section access, you need to tie "map" one field to another field. In your case, I would think you are attempting to link USER ID to EMP ID; however, you haven't changed the field name from EMP ID, to USER ID. I recommend you duplicate the EMP ID field and alias it with the name USER ID. That way, you will link the two fields together appropriately. Make sure you are a valid user or you will not be able to access the file. You can however open the app with NO DATA.

-gw

Digvijay_Singh

Create new field name PRODUCT ID(upper case) from lower case product id in EMP and Sales_Master table. The reduction field associating section access and section application needs to be in same case.

[Product ID]  as [PRODUCT ID]

agigliotti
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

first of all in your script there is link from section access to section application fields.

you have to follow what digvijay‌ said above.

remember Qlik is case sensitive and all your fields in section access must be in uppercase.

data reduction works in the same way as in Qlikview.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Digvijay,

I have made the suggested changes and code is working fine.

rammuthiah
Creator III
Creator III

Is it possible to add more reduction like using Country

For Eg.

E140 can view all data and rest of the employees can view only their associated data?

agigliotti
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

yes of course.

rammuthiah
Creator III
Creator III

I tried with reduction for some of the users, it's working. But the user who wants to view the whoe data is not working, It seems "Access Denied" once opening the app after refreshed.

Can anyone advice on how to resolve this?