Qlik Community

New to Qlik Sense

Discussion board where members can get started with Qlik Sense.

Announcements
Save the Date: QlikWorld Online, June 24-25, 2020. Free global virtual event for data integration and data analytic gurus. Register Today
Highlighted
Partner
Partner

How to implement an alerting system within Qlik Sense

Hello everyone,

I'm new to Qlik Sense and I wanted to ask about some tips on implementing an alerting system within Qlik Sense. The overall goal is to specify some indicators in Qlik Sense and when those indicators have a value greater than a predefined threshold I would like to get an email to get notified about it.

Is this something possible and if so, what would be the best way to implement it? Or can I use something that is already  implemented by someone else? 

It would be great to give me some resources or some overall tips on how I should go about it, as I'm new to Qlik Sense and don't have a clear overview of most of the concepts in Qlik Sense!

Thank you in advance!

Labels (3)
2 Replies
Highlighted

Re: How to implement an alerting system within Qlik Sense

I don't know the N-Printing part if that doable in QlikSense.

But, I've designed the same UML diagrams using script side with X-Matters. Check if X-Matters in available in your space.

Before develop something, think If placed (The Right information | To the right people | At the Right time | In the Right place | With the Right context)
Partner
Partner

Re: How to implement an alerting system within Qlik Sense

Hi @limu ,

I have tried triggering email for every successful reload with the help of qlik smtp web connector which is free to use.
https://help.qlik.com/en-US/connectors/Subsystems/Integrated_Web_Connectors_help/Content/Connectors_...

LIB CONNECT TO 'Email_Send (paew_qvadmin_dev)'; /* connection to web connectors*/

qualify*;
RestConnectorMasterTable:
SQL SELECT
"status",
"result",
"filesattached"
FROM CSV (header on, delimiter ",", quote """") "CSV_source"
WITH CONNECTION (
QUERY "to" "xxxxxxxxxxxxm",
QUERY "cc" "xxxxxxxxxxx",
QUERY "subject" "Management Dashboard",
QUERY "message" "Management Dashboard Reloaded Successfully",
QUERY "fromName" "Noreply-Qlik",
QUERY "fromEmail" "XXXXXXXX",
QUERY "format" "csv",
);

Unqualify *;

I think below will give you total description how to achive the result desired.
https://www.quickintelligence.co.uk/send-data-from-qlik-load-script/