Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
omkar_2611
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

How to implement the following logic in the Qlik Sense Data Editor?

Hello,

I am new to Qlik Sense. I am trying to implement a logic into qlik sense. I'm not sure how to or where to proceed.
So far, I had only created the inline table for all the input tables.

Input Tables: 

omkar_2611_0-1670675594552.png

Result Pivot Table:

omkar_2611_0-1670676921013.png

Based on the 'From' and 'Till' values in the "account details" table, the values are iterated over months.

In Result Table,

'Pay' is calculated as, pay  in "account details" + the 'increase percentage' from "increase table". 

'Social Contribution' is calculated as, percentage of Sum(Pay, All Bonuses - Rent). Percent taken from 'contribution percentage' from "Social Contribution" if the value is less than 'Peak Contribution' otherwise the 'contribution percentage' on the 'Peak Contribution'.

Bonus amounts are added on the months described in the "Special table"

Other amounts are iterated over the period of "Acc. Details" table.

---

Labels (3)
3 Replies
edwin
Master II
Master II

it appears the values are not calculated on the fly.  no matter what the user does in the front end the values will not change so you can actually calculate this in your data layer prior to loading into Qlik.  or calculate it in your load script but i think it is better done in an ETL as that is what it was made for.

your Account/Position becomes your measures and they change over time.

in the end you just need job number + its attributes and month as your dimension table, your fact will have a link to these two dimension tables, the account+position, and the value.

the other attributes may not be needed as those are just used to calculate the values in your fact so they will just be noise.

this looks like a simple DM if you strip the noise out.

edwin
Master II
Master II

if you need someone to suggest a script, you will have to supply sample data

omkar_2611
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Thankyou for your inputs. The acc. details table is a write back table. Meaning, the user adds the row on dashboard to the database table. The same table is loaded in data editor. 

There is no as such sample data, as all the values are calculated on fly considering the inputs of acc. details table. I guess other tables can be loaded as inline tables.