Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
its_anandrjs

How to introduce image on Qliksense Deployed Apps.

Hi,

How can i introduce or edit the Image or company logo on the Qliksense Deployed App on Qliksense Server ( Means i am not able to change the image on the actual sheet it can only done on the duplicate sheet and not on the actual sheet). Even make change in the duplicate sheet for Images it can not go for Approved for main sheets. When try to edit it gives error "You do not have permission to edit this sheet" let me know where i have to make changes in the application.

Thanks & Best Regards

Anand Chouhan

3 Replies
Not applicable

Anand,

After an app is published to a stream, the approved sheets (or the sheets in the application at publish time) are locked from editing and cannot be changed.

If you want to change the approved sheets, you need to go into the QMC, duplicate the app, and edit the duplicate.  After you make your changes, you can replace the published app with the copy.

jg

its_anandrjs
Author

Hi Jeffery,

When i make any changes the duplicate sheet is created and i make changes to duplicate sheet but not able to approve it and able to publish this duplicate sheet but it only visible to me.

Following error i can see when try to do editing.

1.png

Thanks & Best Regards

Anand Chouhan

Not applicable

The only way to make a sheet you create an approved sheet is to make a copy of the app in the QMC and make yourself the owner.  Then you can change the "approved" sheets.  Afterward, you republish the app to the stream.

Like I said, you cannot add a sheet to the "Approved" sheets, nor can you edit an "Approved" sheet in place on an application published to a stream.

If you are trying to duplicate a sheet in a published app that is possible.  The sheet will go into the My Sheets section and then you can edit it.  Once you complete editing, you can "publish" the sheet for the community to see, but it will not be added to the "Approved" sheets.  It will be added to the "Published by me" section of the app, and other users will see it in a "Community" section.

All of this behavior is governed by Security Rules.  However, the publishing of apps to streams will turn off direct editing of "Approved" sheets regardless of security rules.