cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to keep a file name fixed in QlikSense when created in QS hub

Hi All,

When I tried creating an app in QS hub and gave a file name, it was created with different name (eg: d6cacb4c-8bf8-4a77-a916-1efdfe407deb), I think it should be the same name as I have mentioned (like in Qlikview).

The same thing is happening through Import option as well, here also it is not keeping original name of the file.

The reason for asking this is, I am writing a program to get the file name from a xls/csv and get the associated path, for this I would like keep the original name instead changed one.

Also, It is very difficult to identify the original file by going to Apps folder in QlikSense folder path.

Please let me know if there is any way we can keep original file names instead QS created one.

Regards,

Chenna

5 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Chenna,

Check in the QMC, and you will see your app names. That GUID is generated when the apps are created and the Repository database populated. So don't rely on those and use the QMC to import, export or remove apps.

Miguel

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Miguel,

Thank you for the suggestion.

However, I have done the same, Let me clarify in detail

I have created an app in QS Desktop with the name "ABC Analytics", Once the development is completed, we have moved into the server where QlikSense server is installed.

In order to see the same app in QS hub for further development activity, we need to import the file into QMC. When this activity is done, there is a file created in "C:\ProgramData\Qlik\Sense\Apps" as "0c69ccdf-7ac4-44a4-a6e2-b0f5ch4f9033" and the file type is "file". but in the QS hub it displays the name which is given during import process.

Here my question is why QMC has to change the original file name while importing the app.

Please advvise.

Thank you

Regards,

Chenna

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Chenna,

Qlik Sense is not QlikView, and the fact that the Repository Database could generate a new GUID in server does not alter the fact that is the same app, with the same sheets, objects and attributes. This GUID must correspond to the one that the Repository has in its database. Since your local Qlik Sense Desktop and the server are in different computers, with different IPs, and the software is actually different, GUIDs will be different.

If you need for whatever reason download the app to consume in your Qlik Sense Desktop go to the QMC > Apps > click on the one you need to download > More Actions > Export.

You should not be copying or modifying any files or folders in Qlik Sense, these are not QVWs.

Miguel

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Miguel,

As I have worked in Qlikview for long time and expecting QlikSense also provides same configuration with respect to folder & file configuration.

If this is not the case with QlikSense, how the different projects with different qvf files can be managed in different folders using QS QMC.

Thank you.

Regards,

Chenna

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Chenna,

Definitely they are not the same and the changes could take us for a long long thread. There are some in this part of the forums, but if you really need to start developing with Qlik Sense, I would recommend you to engage with Education Services so you can get proper training on Qlik Sense.

Miguel