Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to load data in automatic way every time I open an QlikSense app.

I'm new on Qlik Sense, I had the conection to Progress Data Base and I saw the chart perfectly, but In order to see the chart I need to load the data every time I need to see the chart. My question is there any way to load the data in automatic way every time I open the app.  I will appreciate your response.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Good Morning.

What I did was to créate a trigger in order to reaload the data.

This trigger is tied to the application that needs to be reloaded.

I put the option to reload every  2 hours and Works perfectly.

Hope this help on the future.

Regards.

See sceenshot.

Reload Trigger.JPG

View solution in original post

7 Replies
lironbaram
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

hi

after a reload make sure you save your app

you don't need to reload data every time

unless you mean that you want to fetch new data everytime

from your question i assume you use qlik sense desktop

you can't auto-reload qlik sense desktop for this you'll need qlik sense enterprise

Not applicable
Author

Yes, I want to fetch the data every time the end users open the App.

And I would like to have updated the charts at all.

Thanks for your support.

sarahplymale
Creator
Creator

I don't think it is possible to trigger a reload when the user opens the App.  You can trigger data reloads on a timed schedule (at a set time each day/week/month) or you can trigger them based on completion of another data reload (eg. if you want an app to reload only after a preceding app like an app that creates a calendar QVD reloads), but I don't think it is possible to trigger based on user input at this time.

toddbuss
Creator
Creator

I'm working on a dashboard for colleagues that are NOT developers.  I was looking for an easy way for the users to refresh the data and found this refresh button plugin:   http://branch.qlik.com/#!/project/56728f52d1e497241ae69836‌ . 

It may be an easy (but not perfect) way to get users to refresh with minimal instructions.  I also included a KPI on the dashboard that shows, "Last Updated mm/dd/yy" and colored the date red when mm/dd/yy was less than today.  Hopefully this will prompt them to hit the REFRESH button.

Not applicable
Author

Good Morning.

What I did was to créate a trigger in order to reaload the data.

This trigger is tied to the application that needs to be reloaded.

I put the option to reload every  2 hours and Works perfectly.

Hope this help on the future.

Regards.

See sceenshot.

Reload Trigger.JPG

MattWood
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, can you confirm the screen print was from Qlik Sense. If so could you explain where to get to the menu as I've not been able to find it.

Thanks

Matt

mfarsln
Creator II
Creator II

Hi!
You need to create a reload task and then add an action to that reload task you've created.
Reload tasks can be created at qmc/Tasks menu. When you create a task, there will be a actions button on the right. You need to add an action in order to specify when the task will be executed.