Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jyothsna
Contributor
Contributor

How to lock control limits within Process control charts

Hello Team,

I have a following requirement to lock the control limits within SPC charts.

We have calculated control limit for certain data points  and now we want lock the control limits from those data points and use them going forward for the future data points until a special cause variation is attained.

I am trying to do this SPC on Qliksense but unable to find any guidance.

Can someone please guide on how to do it on qliksense or redirect me to any guidance/ community post which has solution?

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
morgankejerhag
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

I am not sure I understand your requirements fully, but if you are saying that you want to save the value of a metric at a specific time you can store data snapshots into QVDs.

In principle, you make a script calculating a value that you are interested in and then store the result to a QVD with a date in the name. Running this app will create new QVDs and you can choose which you are using. Something like:

// Create snapshots of the current prices

Let vToday = text(date(today(),'YYYYMMDD'));

Data:
Load
  ItemNo,
  Price
from ItemPrices.qvd (qvd);

store Data into ItemPrices_$(vToday).qvd (qvd);

Then you can in an app read some or all of the QVDs and make some calculations to see how the value changed.

Is it something like that you mean?

Morgan Kejerhag
Senior Business Intelligence Consultant
Drake Analytics
http://www.drakeanalytics.se

View solution in original post

2 Replies
morgankejerhag
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

I am not sure I understand your requirements fully, but if you are saying that you want to save the value of a metric at a specific time you can store data snapshots into QVDs.

In principle, you make a script calculating a value that you are interested in and then store the result to a QVD with a date in the name. Running this app will create new QVDs and you can choose which you are using. Something like:

// Create snapshots of the current prices

Let vToday = text(date(today(),'YYYYMMDD'));

Data:
Load
  ItemNo,
  Price
from ItemPrices.qvd (qvd);

store Data into ItemPrices_$(vToday).qvd (qvd);

Then you can in an app read some or all of the QVDs and make some calculations to see how the value changed.

Is it something like that you mean?

Morgan Kejerhag
Senior Business Intelligence Consultant
Drake Analytics
http://www.drakeanalytics.se