cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to lock master visualization

Hi,

Could someone help with my issue. I would like to lock a chart in a dashboard from all selection and interactions. I tried to do that in Dev Hub single configurator by disabling selection/interaction. But for some reason it still interacting if choose something in the filter panes or click on other graphs on the page.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
OmarBenSalem

Just in your expression for the chart, add {1}

I mean, from :

sum(Measure)

=> sum({1}Measure)

or from

sum({<some conditions here>}Measure)

to

sum({1<some conditions here>}Measure)

with that, ur chart won't change when u filter

View solution in original post

5 Replies
agigliotti
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

What's the reason why your chart should be "locked" ?

OmarBenSalem

Just in your expression for the chart, add {1}

I mean, from :

sum(Measure)

=> sum({1}Measure)

or from

sum({<some conditions here>}Measure)

to

sum({1<some conditions here>}Measure)

with that, ur chart won't change when u filter

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi, thank you. This solved the issue.

jonnwarne
Contributor
Contributor

I think there will be an other options available when this types of locks create some errors then firstly you should be check out the what errors are occurs in it. So it easy for you to get more info about the errors and easily fixable. Bt in some cases the replacement is also another option which you can avail it.

robertscott
Contributor
Contributor

To lock a chart in a dashboard from all selections and interactions, you might need to check a few things:

1. Check Configuration Settings: Make sure that you've correctly disabled selection and interaction options for the chart in the configuration settings of your dashboard tool. Sometimes there might be specific settings related to locking or disabling interactions that need to be enabled.

2. Ensure Proper Implementation: Double-check the implementation of the configurations you've made. Ensure that you've applied the settings to the correct chart or element within the dashboard. Sometimes, applying settings to the entire dashboard may not affect individual charts.

3. Review Filter Settings: Check if there are any filters or interactions set up at the dashboard level that might be overriding the settings for the individual chart. Disable any filters or interactions that might affect the chart you want to lock.

4. Test Interactions: After making changes, thoroughly test the dashboard to see if the chart remains locked as intended. Try interacting with other elements and filters to ensure that the locked chart doesn't respond to any changes.

5. Consult Documentation or Support: If you're still facing issues, consult the documentation or support resources provided by the dashboard tool. There might be specific tips or known issues related to locking charts or disabling interactions that could help you resolve the problem.

By carefully reviewing and adjusting your auto configuration settings, you should be able to lock the chart in your dashboard from all selections and interactions as desired.