Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to log in with another user in Qlik Sense Hub ?? The user who is logged in is my administrator that was set with the installation of Qlik Sense, I insert users through Excel via ODBC, how do I log out my administrator to log other users on the Hub to

How to log in with another user in Qlik Sense Hub ?? The user who is logged in is my administrator that was set with the installation of Qlik Sense, I insert users through Excel via ODBC, how do I log out my administrator to log other users on the Hub to test?

18 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Did you try this yet: 

Close IE completely, then hold down Shift key and from Start menu right click on IE and select Run as Different User, then log into the IE session as the user, then enter your Hub link and log into the Hub as that user.

Not applicable
Author

I tried and did not work

Is it any access rule ??

Not applicable
Author

I'm running out of ideas... have you tried to log in from an entirely different computer?

Not applicable
Author

There's no way because the server has no external access.

I see the Qlik documentation on the site and I think the problem is authentication, the QMC are as Ticket, want to change to HTTP Header.

Not applicable
Author

BR?? hausuas

JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

‌you can force can force windows for credentials by using https://IPaddress/hub. Instead of the http://servename

but qlik sense will reject the ip unless you first login to qmc, and edit the central virtual proxy, enable advanced properties and add the ip as a white listed web socket original .

PlatformManager-Expert
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Hi,

To switch users in Qlik Sense hub you need to close your browser and restart it. Make sure to close all tabs related to Qlik Sense. Then restart your browser and you're prompted to login with your Qlik Sense acount. You can only use domain users to login, so i.e. your Windows AD Account.

Hope this helps,

Jeroen

Not applicable
Author

To get a dialogue asking you to log in your credentials each time instead of using your default user name in IE and Chrome you need to do the following:

1) Go to IE gear icon and select Internet options

2) Move to security and select Internet and/or Local intranet zones depending on how you access you QS site (can also be Trusted sites if QS site is in trusted, otherwise skip it)

3) Push custom level button and scroll down to the bottom of the list

4) Under User Authentication Logon list, select Prompt for user name and password

This will trick IE and Chrome (it uses IE set up) to ask for your user name and password each time you want to log in into qlik sense instead of using your defaults.

reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Hi Matheus,

May be you can try loging in with using other credentials if you run the browser using "Run as different user".

use SHIFT+Right click on the Browser icon and select "Run as different user" and then login using other credentials.

Hope this helps!

- Sangram