Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amijit_hazarika
Contributor III
Contributor III

How to make conditional display using extensions in Qlik Sense?

Hey Qlik Enthusiasts.

I would like to get some expert inputs here.

I have downloaded a Vizlib extension which helps in conditional display in Qlik Sense.

I am using a Vizlib table having 5 dimensions and 3 measures. Requirement says that the vizlib table data should get displayed only after an user selects one dimension out of the 5 which I am showing in a different table.

Planning to go with getselectedcount(). Any other approach would be highly appreciated.

Many thanks

Amijit

4 Replies
kuczynska
Creator III
Creator III

Hi,

What about simple count(distinct DimensionName) = 1 as calculation condition? Using this method allows the conditional chart display even if the user hasn't selected anything in DimensionName field directly, however other applied selection narrow down the possible values in DimensionName to only 1 possible value. It could be worth giving it a try.

ananyaghosh
Creator III
Creator III

Hi,

By default in QLik Sense you cannot hide/show any column of a table or cannot show/hide a chart object. So you have to use a extension for that and you can use the below extension for your purpose:

Qlik Branch

amijit_hazarika
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Michalina,

When I use this, count(dimensionname) = 1, the chart gets disappeared. It doesn't show up even after selecting 'n' number of values in dimensionname.

Could you please explain this in more details.

However, If(getselectedcount(dimensionname)=0,0,1) is working fine.

Thanks in advance

Amijit

kuczynska
Creator III
Creator III

Hey,

The 'distinct' element is crucial here - please use count(distinct DimensionName)

Also - I understood literally this line from your original message: 'user selects one dimension out of the 5' that's why I wrote the condition as  count(distinct DimensionName) = 1 which will result in your chart being displayed only if 1 item is selected in DimensionName.

You need to change your condition accordingly to match with your requirements, i.e. if chart is to be displayed for 50 and less values selected in DimensionName you should write: count(distinct DimensionName) <= 50  and so on.

hope this helps