Qlik Community

New to Qlik Sense

Discussion board where members can get started with Qlik Sense.

rajeshlingutla1
New Contributor II

How to make selections not affect to text boxes

Hi,

I have created four text boxes In qliksense which represents data for each quarter 2017 like 2017-Q1 with sum of sales, 2017-Q2 with sum of sales, 2017-Q3 with sum of sales, 2017-Q4 with sum of sales.

Now if I select filter quarter Q1 it is displaying value for 2017-Q1 and remaining values shows zero.. My requirements is what ever quarter u select I need to display all values without changing values  of each text boxes .means make it default,even if u select quarter not effect all list boxes.

Could you please tell me the set analysis logic.

Thanks

Kanna

6 Replies

Re: How to make selections not affect to text boxes

You can ignore individual field selections by using "FieldName=" in your set analysis:

sum({<Quarter=>} Amount)

If you want to ignore all selections, use 1 in your set analysis:

sum({1}Amount)

Hi Kanna, in qlik help you have a lot of examples: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/12.1/Subsystems/Client/Content/ChartFunctions/SetAnalysis/set-a...

If you want to ignore [Quarter] field you can use something like:

Sum({<Quarter>} Data)

If you want a fixed quarter you can use something like:

Sum({<Quarter={'Q1'}>} Data)

rajeshlingutla1
New Contributor II

Hi Nicole.. Thanks for u reply.. But I needed here for quarter for Q1 Text box I need to make default value as Q1 quarter with showing sum of sales. Problem here is if I select Q2 as quarter then it is showing zero.. As per ur calculation I can get sum of all quarters even if u make selections for specific quarter. But needed here even if u select Q3,Q2,Q4 quarters for Q1 sum sales value need to be shown in stead of zero.. Like that for all text boxes

rajeshlingutla1
New Contributor II

Hi Ruben.. Thanks for u reply.. But I needed here for quarter for Q1 Text box I need to make default value as Q1 quarter with showing sum of sales. Problem here is if I select Q2 as quarter then it is showing zero.. As per ur calculation I can get sum of all quarters even if u make selections for specific quarter. But needed here even if u select Q3,Q2,Q4 quarters for Q1 sum sales value need to be shown in stead of zero.. Like that for all text boxes

Hi rajes, have you tried the second version?

Sum({<Quarter={'Q1'}>} Data)

'Quarter' should be you quarter final name. It will show data for Q1 no matter wich quarter is selected.

carlosamonroy
Contributor III

Hi Rajesh,

You can try the following:

Sum({<Quarter=, Quarter={'Q1'}>} Data)

Hope that helps,

Carlos M