Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LaurentBr
Contributor
Contributor

How to manage different fields dates in multiple tables

Hi guys,

I'm not sure I post this on the right forum but we'll see. 🙂

I need to familiarize myself with QLIK Sense because my company wants to use this tool in the near future.
I obviously have a lot of questions about how best to use the possibilities of this tool.
One of them is how to manage the different dates fields.
Here is an example:

Image.jpg

I have 7 tables, 3 of them begin with ZU, 3 with ZY and the last one with ZV.
Those with ZU refer to training courses, while those with ZY refer to employee data, and ZV refer to training booking.
NUDOSS is the primary key, but the link between ZU and ZY is made by the field MATCLE, and the link between ZU and ZV with IDRQ00.
My question are:
1.How can I best manage all these dates (colored is green) knowing that
- the dates in ZU00 represent the creation date (DTCL00) and the last modification date (DTSTCL)
- the dates in ZU2A correspond to the business event date
- the dates in ZY2C represent the training creation date (DTRQ00), the business event booking date (DTSTRG),
the booking request validation date (DTAP00)

- the date in ZV00 represent the creation date of the booking training definition

- the date in ZY00 represent the employee birthdate
- the dates in ZY0M represent the begin and end date of employee's contract
- the dates in ZYAG represent the begin and end date of employee's attendance

the objective is to return the values of the fields QUALIF and CLASSI from ZY0M at the time of the session date,
and the field MOTIFA from ZYAG at the same period.
2.Do I need to rename all the date fields to make only one and then create a master calendar?
3.Do I need differents master calendar?
4.Do I need to give the same name to all begin dates and then do the same for the end dates ?

I need to familiarize myself with QLIK Sense because my company wants to use this tool in the near future.
I obviously have a lot of questions about how best to use the possibilities of this tool.
One of them is how to manage the different dates fields.
Here is an example:
I have 7 tables, 3 of them begin with ZU, 3 with ZY and the last one with ZV.
Those with ZU refer to training courses, while those with ZY refer to employee data, and ZV refer to training booking.
NUDOSS is the primary key, but the link between ZU and ZY is made by the field MATCLE, and the link between ZU and ZV with IDRQ00.
My question are:
1.How can I best manage all these dates (colored is green) knowing that
- the dates in ZU00 represent the creation date (DTCL00) and the last modification date (DTSTCL)
- the dates in ZU2A correspond to the business event date
- the dates in ZY2C represent the training creation date (DTRQ00), the business event booking date (DTSTRG),
the booking request validation date (DTAP00)

- the date in ZV00 represent the creation date of the booking training definition

- the date in ZY00 represent the employee birthdate
- the dates in ZY0M represent the begin and end date of employee's contract
- the dates in ZYAG represent the begin and end date of employee's attendance

the objective is to return the values of the fields QUALIF and CLASSI from ZY0M at the time of the session date,
and the field MOTIFA from ZYAG at the same period.
2.Do I need to rename all the date fields to make only one and then create a master calendar?
3.Do I need differents master calendar?
4.Do I need to give the same name to all begin dates and then do the same for the end dates ?

Any information or suggestion will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance 🙂

Labels (1)
1 Reply
LaurentBr
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Sorry, it turns out I copied the context twice.