Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mohan_1105
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

How to match the expression with a table?

Hi,

I have three column which is created by if condition which ranges from 1 to 5. And the fourth column, which is a concatenate of three column and it is my Qlik output by expression. The table looks similar to the following image,

Capture.JPG

I have an another excel file, which is the dictionary of PQM column and it looks like,

Capure.JPG

Now, how can I match the PQM column which is generated by expression in Qlik and match the generated PQM column with the table PQM column and get the name inside Qlik. My final output in Qlik should be like,

Care.JPG

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

I think an aggregation function might be needed, but difficult to say in details

Aggr(If(PQMField = PQMExpression, Name), ChartDimensions, PQMField)

View solution in original post

12 Replies
OmarBenSalem

How is Name Associated with PQM 111,112 in excel and PQM 141 in your generated expression in the same time?

What's the relation btwn 111,112 and 141?

mohan_1105
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hi,

There is no relationship btw 111, 121 and 141... those were generated from expression.

I have a dictionary for that generated numbers in a separate excel sheet, I need to add the Name of the specific number in Qlik sense by matching the PQM number with generated PQM number.

Thanks

OmarBenSalem

How and where have you created P , Q and M?

In the script? In an external file or directly within the table?

mohan_1105
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

I created the P, Q, and M in the table. It is created by if condition having 1 to 5 scale.

beck_bakytbek
Master
Master

Hi Mohan,

try this: Match the values from a list in different table.

i hope that helps

beck

mohan_1105
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hello Bech,

In your suggestion, both the table are in the backend, so using mapping function we can do that.

In my case, I have a table in the frontend and dictionary table in the backend. So, here how can I use map function.

OmarBenSalem

stalwar1‌, can you help with this? Thanks

sunny_talwar

I think an aggregation function might be needed, but difficult to say in details

Aggr(If(PQMField = PQMExpression, Name), ChartDimensions, PQMField)

mohan_1105
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

I understood, how this script worked

But still, there is a mismatch !!

Pleasure !!