Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
arn93xavi
Contributor II
Contributor II

How to obtain the sales of the previous year?

Hello, I am new to Qlik sense, and I want to compare the sales of the previous year with the current selected year.

Example

2017      2016           difference

sales           x1           x2                x1-x2

The format of the dimension DATE is ddmmyyyy.

I'm using sum ({$ <DATE.autoCalendar.Year = {$ (# = Only (DATE.autoCalendar.Year) -1)}>} Sales), but it does not work for me.

Please help

my date table is this and I want to be able to get the sales of the previous year selected. For example if I have selected 2017 then the sales of the previous year (2016 in this case) would be 2050.

Sin título.jpeg

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

Try this in a KPI object

Sum({$<[date.autoCalendar.Year] = {"$(=Year(YearStart(Max([date.autoCalendar.Year]),-1)))"}>}TOTALUSD)

View solution in original post

8 Replies
sunny_talwar

Is Year your dimension? If it is then you will need to use Above/Below function to do this rather than using set analysis

arn93xavi
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

yes, the dimension is the year, but the data is of type dd-mm-yyyy

sunny_talwar

For Difference, you can try this

Sum(Sales)-After(Sum(Sales))

arn93xavi
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

my date table is this and I want to be able to get the sales of the previous year selected. For example if I have selected 2017 then the sales of the previous year (2016 in this case) would be 2050 dls. Sin título.jpeg

sunny_talwar

Might be easy if you can share a sample .qvf where you are trying this as it will clarify a lot of things...

arn93xavi
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I already did, I hope you can help me. Thanks

sunny_talwar

Try this in a KPI object

Sum({$<[date.autoCalendar.Year] = {"$(=Year(YearStart(Max([date.autoCalendar.Year]),-1)))"}>}TOTALUSD)

arn93xavi
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

It works thank you very much!