Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to partly load "section access"

Hi

I have time consuming Qlik sense data load which consists of a section app and a section access where the app takes by far the longest to load.

At the moment, I have to load both in order to just update the section access

Can I somehow "partly" load the section access only?

Br.,

Peter

6 Replies
marcus_sommer

Normally the section access data are quite small and their load-times shouldn't be really noticing. Therefore I assume that you load the data from a database or from an active directory respectively LDAP which returned the data only slowly. To solve this you could add an intermediate step and storing these data into a qvd and then your read your section access from  the qvd (you will need an additionally where-clause for the qvd-load like: where 1=1 thereby the data will be processed and not simply transferred into the RAM).

- Marcus

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Marcus

thanks for your reply

The problem, however, is not a slow section access load.

The problem is that i have to load BOTH the section app and the section access when i load data. I want to load section access only.

marcus_sommer

You could try it with a partial load: Partial Reload Easy and Simple whereby I'm not sure if it will work by section access tables. Another way could be to use multiple layer for your application and your final application (with the gui) is loading only qvd's created from the previous layer or from there a qvw per binary and your section access part will be added only in the final application.

- Marcus

stigchel
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

My experience is limited to qlikview, but I found something that can maybe help you. From my qlikview experience you can (and need to) partial load the section access AND the fields you are reducing data on from the section application (qlikview example below). However, there seems to be no partial reload button in Qlik Sense, but I did find this to maybe resolve that (?)

Qlik Sense Partial Reload for v2.0.x and v2.1.1

Section Access;

Replace LOAD [ACCESS],

NTNAME,

ACCESSGROUP

FROM ...

Section Application;

star is *;

Replace LOAD  ACCESSGROUP

FROM ...

marcus_sommer

Now I see that's a Sense topic and not QlikView but maybe the approach with a binary-load might still work by adapting it from: Qlik Sense substitute for BINARY load.

- Marcus

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you Piet Hein (which, incidentally is the name of famous Danish designer) and Marcus.

Thank you for your great suggestions. Due to Segregation of Duties at my company, I'm not allowed writing capabilities on the server (running Enterprise). I'll keep digging (or hold out for an update)

Br.,

Peter