Qlik Community

New to Qlik Sense

Discussion board where members can get started with Qlik Sense.

Not applicable

How to put a line chart in qlik sense without scroll..?

Hi..How to put a line chart in qlik sense without scroll option since I want to show a trend wise performance a scroll within a chart is meaning less.Is there any option to restrict a scroll options in qlik sense..?

12 Replies
Employee
Employee

Re: How to put a line chart in qlik sense without scroll..?

Hi Sathiya - I assume you mean without the scrolling "Preview Window" on the bottom?

Currently there isn't anyway to turn that off. It has been entered as a feature enhancement.

Please let us know, if I am mistaken in my assumption.

Please mark the appropriate replies as helpful / correct so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Regards,

Mike T

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Not applicable

Capture.JPG.jpg

Thanks Michael,

I mentioned the above scroll option in a line chart which I don't want to show to my users when I reduce a size of the chart this scroll appears at a bottom.

Employee
Employee

Re: Re: How to put a line chart in qlik sense without scroll..?

Hi Sathiya -

I tried this with Qlik Sense Server version 1.0.1 - and used FireFox and the responsive design mode - Ctrl + Shift + M and I am not seeing this behavior.

The chart does auto-resize and configure itself to either allow the preview window to display - but I do not see this small scroll bar.

See the attached video at the bottom of this post.

Can you give me a bit more information about your environment?

• What version and edition of Qlik Sense? - Desktop  / Server - I assume Server
  • What browser?
  • Any repro steps - that you perform - when you see this scrollbar
  • Updated screenshots or even video snippet of what you are seeing.
Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Not applicable

Hi Michael,

The above chart you are shown is using a single dimension but my requirement is to use double dimension in a line chart.I have tried same chart using double dimension it is showing same scroll bar.

Capture.JPG.jpg

Employee
Employee

I see this now - I can reproduce with the second metric added to the line chart. - I will report this to R&D and see what they say. However - the bar only appears when there is more data to be seen via scrolling. Why would you want to limit that functionality?

Mike

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Not applicable

Hi Michael,

As we are showing inception to date information in the chart dimension.Users want to see a latest date and old dates in the same window not using scroll.

For example like this...

Capture.JPG.jpg

Employee
Employee

Ah I see - ok - so that functionality would be attributed to what is similiar to a micro-chart. I will inform R&D. Thanks for your question and additional detail. It is very helpful when improving the product.

Regards,

Mike

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Not applicable

Thanks Michael for your valuable response.

jochem_zw
Contributor II

Like i said before we need the continous x-Axis switch like in Qv11 for this functionality

this is at the moment not in the product. Or we need an extension for this kind of line graphs.

Community Browser