Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hoangvvo
Partner - Contributor III

How to query only data not in a qvd

Hi,

Is it possible to do an SQL query for data that does not exist in a QVD.

I have a table with 2 columns, acct and desc.

both exist in a qvd file.

i've loaded the file into a table [accnt]

but i want to do a select statement based on the qlik [accnt] table created earlier, and not sure how to approach this.

also ,  i dont want to do a fetch on the sql table into qlik memory, only fetch records that doesnt exist in the qvd into memory.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
hoangvvo
Author

i've gone around and found a solution,

join table with another, and pull in max activity date by account, and using that i've now able to increment only new accounts as they would not exists in prior activities.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
harvinderjohal
Creator
Creator

You may want to think about a strategy where you pull data from your SQL database into a QVD and performing incremental loads.  The loads from QVD will be faster once loading into the app.

http://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/3.0/Subsystems/Hub/Content/LoadData/use-QVD-files-incremental-load....

A Good example of a script is within the SalesForce.QVW sample application for QlikView: 

Qlik Demos: See QlikView in Action | Demo.Qlik.Com

This sample shows script that checks a reloadhistory to see when to append data from SQL into a .QVD and to load data from the QVD.  Take a look at how it's built in QlikView - you can test it there and/or test and apply the logic within Qlik Sense.

Please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT / HELPFUL so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Is there some sort of incrementing value in the already loaded records, like a id number or a modification date?

-Rob

hoangvvo
Author

There are no incremental values, just unique value(account).

There are no dates either.

The table only has new records provided that the record has the unique account.

The only thing i can think of is to pull all of the unique value and write it to a csv, and then run the sql query against the csv for all records not exists() in it.

hoangvvo
Author

The help link i have already reviewed before posting the question, i actually have the incremental load (update/delete/insert) apply to etl process.  The data for this , had a date to query against so it was simple enough to implement the incremental load.

The data I am working on now is just a table and I am trying to create the QVD that will be consume by the application. The QVD creation process currently download and reload the whole table, but that takes too long as there are too many records and we have to connect to the the source to download it. The source is external to the qliksense host.

So my predicament is that, how do I use the QVD file that was downloaded initially, and query the database for only those that does not exists in the qvd if possible.

hoangvvo
Author

i've gone around and found a solution,

join table with another, and pull in max activity date by account, and using that i've now able to increment only new accounts as they would not exists in prior activities.