Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ashrivastav2
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

How to refresh data in Qlik Sense app after converting from a QV document?

I recently converted a QlikView document into a Qlik Sense app. The dataset that was used to create the initial QV document was just updated with more timely data, and I'd like to update the app accordingly. How do I load this data into the QS app in such a way that all of the visualizations are preserved and updated accordingly? Because the data was pulled from the QV document instead of the initial dataset, will it carry over?

4 Replies
Giuseppe_Novello

Have you used the Qlikview converter?

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense-developer/April2019/SubSystems/Dev-Hub/Content/Sense_Dev-Hub/Conve...

BR

Gio

Giuseppe Novello
Principal Technical Support Engineer @ Qlik
ashrivastav2
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Yes
Giuseppe_Novello

Okay, well that's what the best and supported way that Qlik may offer, which documentation explain its limitation. SO far I do know any 3rd party tool that can expand its limitations.

BR

Gio

Giuseppe Novello
Principal Technical Support Engineer @ Qlik
Vegar
MVP
MVP

Isn't the QV script converted into the QS application? Can't you just rund the QS script to update the data?

Check your script. Replace all your source references using file path like c:/... to LIB references and you should be good to go, updating the data.

An alternate solution could be to use the qvw file as a source using binary load.